- God, grant me the...
- Serenity to accept things I cannot change,
- Courage to change the things I can, and the
- Wisdom to know the difference
- Patience for the things that take time
- Appreciation for all that I have, and
- Tolerance for those with different struggles
- Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
- Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
- Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.
Wisdom to know the difference. That may be the biggest request that we ask for while reciting this prayer. What is wisdom? Do you have it just because you grow older. Are some born with wisdom? Do we gain wisdom by the trials and tribulations of life or are those life lessons? Is wisdom intuition? Just knowing the result without having to fail to learn it. Wisdom to know the difference. The difference between taking on responsibility that you can't handle. The difference between taking on responsibility you thought you couldn't handle but somehow pull it off.
Wisdom as defined: Wisdom often requires control of one's emotional reactions so that one's principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions.
So... IS wisdom control..... control over one's emotions which enables them to choose the right path. The right path for the individual. Which often times does not make sense to others because they do not share the same level of wisdom or control.
Wisdom,Patience,Tolerance,Appreciation, Strength,Courage and finally Serenity.
God, grant me the serenity..............