Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm so proud of my boys



On Saturday my boys made me so proud. We had a make up baseball game scheduled and it was gonna be hot and sunny, a great for baseball . The coach called with a dilemma, we didn't have anyone to umpire the game. We were already short coaches, with my husband at work and another with a previous commitment so he asked if my 13 yr old would umpire . I was reluctant at first because it meant that he would be the official of the game that his two younger brothers were playing in. It could be a disaster an embarrassing, horribly ugly nightmare. See all three boys have tiny little fusses that ignite like dynamite if the conditions are right.........



So he decides to take the job becasue there is $10 in it and I explain that this is a good time to get comfortable and learn becasue of the coaches that are playing. They are mild mannered and we know them quite well and Dad is not here.....another plus. At least he was going to have pads on in case one of his brothers went a little crazy with the bat!



He showed such maturity becasue even when he wasn't sure of a call he asked and was really trying to learn. He didn't let his brothers get to him at all. As for the other two, Lucas struck out with a questionable 3rd strike but only said " WHAT?" and walked off. For Lucas that was really good! That was a big relif for me. Then the Ultimate test............Matt pitching, Lucas Catching and Mitch Umpire. Whoa.....I think the coach was trying to be funny, I was nervous! Well at least two of the three had protective gear on in case batts started swinging.



They did Great! They really showed me that they can do it , if they really try. Now, we did win the game in extra innings. Matt stole home for the winning run, and it was a close call but it was a good call. I don't want to think what would have happened if we had lost. If Mitch called Matt out at the plate.........but he didn't and he made the right call.




I am proud of my boys, a well played game , trying something he had never done before and showing self control. It was a good day except for the sunburn.




2 comments:

  1. One word......WOW! I am proud of all three of you guys too!! (You too, Missy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad there weren't any issues!
    that would've been ugly

    love you.
    -Em.<3

    ReplyDelete